Lowe's Field Service Coordinator in Wareham, Massachusetts
The Field Service Coordinator is principally responsible for acquiring building permits on behalf of Lowe's, when required, for customer installation projects. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert on permit requirements and processes in each of the different municipalities for their assigned area. The Field Service Coordinator will plan and execute daily activities based upon business and customer needs; regular, daily travel will be required. The Field Service Coordinator will serve as a liaison between stores, field teams and building officials as necessary to communicate any permit related issues and provide recommendation for what's needed to resolve.
Responsibilities also consist of managing financial records, transacting on behalf of the company, applying and following up on permits, along with transporting documentation to Lowe's stores and/or customer job sites, as necessary. This position will require individuals to utilize problem solving skills and critical thinking to evaluate any issues pertaining to permitting and propose solutions in time sensitive situations that may directly impact the customer experience.
• Communicate cross functionally with internal and external groups, including but not limited to: Store/Field Associates, Building Officials, Central Production Office, Independent Service Provider network.
• Subject Matter Expert on permit and application processes for municipalities in assigned area of responsibility. Audit against those items or seasonally completing other Services related functions.
• Keep accurate, detailed and organized records of permits and associated transactional data. Update records as needed in response to changes in requirements
• Plan and coordinate travel to meet customer needs while maintaining time efficiency. Adapt and modify as needs of the business may change.
• Conduct financial transactions pertaining to permitting on behalf of Lowe’s utilizing company funds. Proficiently use License HQ System to ensure timely transactions
• Maintain updated list of permit fees and other requirements for assigned municipalities
• Interacting with Independent Provider Network and customer on job-site visits, based upon business need. Build strong customer relationships and represent Lowe's as a brand ambassador.
• Have knowledge of specific requirements for assigned zone (which may include 30+ various municipalities) on what documents are required to obtain permits for all categories, which will vary by municipality; utilize this knowledge to compile all required documents needed for the permit based on what municipality covers the customer residence (including, but not limited to: applications, licensure/insurance verification documents, project plans, contracts, architectural designs)
working in the home improvement, home improvement retail, construction or
real estate sector
driver with reliable transportation and ability to pass MVR screen
Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
Maintain cooperative working relationships and deal effectively with internal and external customers.
of local permitting regulations
knowledge of interior/exterior product categories (e.g., flooring, cabinets,
millwork, building materials, appliances, home decor, lighting, plumbing)
and interpret permitting specifications, codes and ordinances
Job ID: 1423573BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Services Platform
Department: 0638 - National Services
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 2376
Location Name: Wareham, MA
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.