Lowe's DFC HR Coach in Pleasant View, Tennessee
Note: The HR Coach will work the day shift initially, and will transition to either the night shift or weekend shift in the future. Schedule flexibility is required for this role.
The Human Resources Coach
oversees all payroll administration for the shift's workforce. Additionally,
the HR Coach coordinates the recruiting, screening, interviewing, and selection
of all Distribution Center non-exempt Team Members while ensuring adherence to
Lowe’s Human Resource Management Guide Policies. This role also supports
several other human resources functions for the facility including training,
employee relations, reporting and record keeping, and database maintenance.
This position supports the Facility operation, so schedule flexibility is
· Ensures the recruitment, employment, payroll, and
benefit programs are followed in accordance with Company guidelines.
· Ensures that Team Members are hired following Lowe’s
Human Resource Management Guide Policies, are processed in a thorough and
consistent manner, and that job offers are extended in a timely manner.
· Constantly monitors the hiring needs of the DFC and
ensures a steady flow of applicants.
· Schedules and conducts initial screening interviews on
all viable candidates.
· Develops and maintains relationships with community
organizations that will supply the necessary candidates (short term and long
· Provides interviewing skills training to new and
existing management personnel.
· Effectively manages conflicts that arise among
facility staff (e.g., between team members, between team members and coaches).
· Proactively contacts shift managers and coaches to
remain current on facility operations and team member complaints and promptly
follows up with coaches or team members who have raised issues.
· Offers training and development opportunities to teach
coaches how to handle personnel issues (e.g., group presentations, one-on-one
· Ensures all new hires are entered correctly and in a
timely manner into the Lowe’s payroll and benefits systems.
· Maintains an employee database and ensures employee
personnel records are kept in accordance with corporate policy.
· Monitors employee salary increases and ensures
performance reviews are completed in a timely manner.
· Monitors all worker’s compensation claims, ensures
initial report of injury compliance, and maintains the OSHA 300 log.
· Champions the Facility’s Safety, Recognition, and
· Keeps abreast of State and Federal Regulations that
affect interviewing or the hiring process.
· Maintain Job Creation Tax Credit Checklist and report
all end of the year results.
· Performs other duties as directed by Human Resources
Preferred Skills &
Abilities: (Note: Where numerous applications are submitted, the below skills
and abilities will be used to select those most qualified to be interviewed.)
· Knowledge of Lowe’s hiring process
· Knowledge of State and Federal EEO Laws
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to interact positively with applicants,
employees, supervisors, and managers
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong PC knowledge with definite experience in MS
Office and local time tracking software
· Must have highly effective organizational skills
· Demonstrated proficiency with Kronos and People Soft
· Demonstrated knowledge of applicable OSHA, EEO, FMLA,
and NLRA standards
· Demonstrated knowledge of Lowe’s policies governing
· Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle
multiple tasks simultaneously
· Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred
· 4-year college degree or equivalent experience is
Job ID: 1365280BR
Line of Business: Distribution
Job Category: Human Resources
Department: 0302 - DC Supervisors
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 3311
Location Name: Nashville, TN DFC
City: Pleasant View
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.