Lowe's Customer Analytics Sr. Analyst in Mooresville, North Carolina
The Customer Analytics Senior Statistical Analyst will work closely with Strategy, Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations, Pro and Services for Lowe’s (US), Canada Banners, Orchard Hardware, Alacrity, etc.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Senior Statistical Analyst is primarily responsible for serving as an analytics expert by translating business problems into analytic design and performing the mathematical and statistical analysis or model building as appropriate. The Senior Statistical Analyst must apply knowledge of Lowe’s data concepts and link it to the creation of relevant analytic designs and make business recommendations.
This position is responsible for following analytical best practices, accurately reporting and analyzing results and identifying insights for decision making. The Senior Statistical Analyst needs to have deep analytic expertise and experience as well as an understanding of the retail business.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Information Sciences, Applied Quantitative or related field plus 1+ years of experience in analytics field.
• Flexibility and Adaptability - Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
• Analytic Problem Solving- Identifies problems and develops effective and innovative solutions that address root causes; gathers and analyzes critical information needed to understand the root cause of problems; defines reasonable solutions and alternatives to anticipate, prevent, and resolve problems; develops new and unique ideas; looks beyond the initial obvious answer.
• Creating the New and Different – The ability to develop creative ideas and question conventional approaches. This includes reevaluating current approaches and suggesting and/or implementing new ideas, looking into the future to create innovative and unconventional solutions, and working with others to generate multiple ideas. This also includes being comfortable working in a changing environment.
• Experience working with analytic software (R, SAS, Python, etc.)
• SQL and data manipulation
• Master’s Degree in related field
• Experience working in a retail environment
• Python Experience
• Hive SQL
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Job ID: 1365410BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Analytics-Enterprise
Department: 0353 - Market, Consumer Insights & An
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.