Lowe's IT Senior Auditor I in Mooresville, North Carolina
The IT Senior Auditor I is responsible for conducting audits that evaluate the established internal controls designed to manage the Company’s most significant risks. This position will assist the Audit Manager in the planning of individual audits, developing test steps to evaluate controls, and gathering/analyzing information as necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the controls. The IT Senior Auditor I will also be responsible for the interpretation of the test results and the oral and written communication of the audit results to the client. In this role, the IT Senior Auditor I will be the day-to-day leader of the project and will be responsible for ensuring other Senior and Staff Auditors are adequately supervised to ensure the work is completed on time and in a quality manner. The IT Senior Auditor I will also be responsible for training less experienced auditors in the audit methodology and actively participating in departmental non-project activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manages day-to-day audit projects to ensure they are conducted in accordance with Lowe’s methodology and that milestone dates are met and projects are completed on time.
• Applies basic knowledge of IT, Operations, Finance, and Analysis to ensure efficiency throughout the audit engagement. Utilizes internal resources to assist when audit topics require intermediate to advanced knowledge.
• Performs preliminary audit plan, which includes documenting processes via process maps and flowcharts.
• Ensures in-scope risks and controls are identified in the project risk assessment during the planning phase and are appropriately evaluated and tested.
• Identifies key control points within a process / activity and develops audit test steps designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of those internal controls.
• Evaluates testing results to ensure procedures and findings adequately address risks and expand testing procedures to address any new risks identified.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the audited process and understanding of how interactions and control failures impact the business objective.
• Ensures the accuracy and consistency of information relied upon throughout the audit process (e.g., flowcharts, risk assessment, workpapers, and audit report).
• Writes formal audit reports with the level of quality necessary for an executive audience.
• Discusses project expectations and communicates with assigned staff throughout the audit engagement.
• Identifies developmental opportunities and provides timely, candid, and constructive feedback throughout the audit.
• Delivers on the job training and encourages staff development through the use of different auditing and analytical tools.
• Reviews staff audit work and provides timely feedback if documentation is not relevant, thorough, accurate, and/or adequately supported.
• Structures staff assignments and workloads based on skills and developmental needs.
• Documents weakness in control design based on analysis performed and writes formal draft audit reports with the level of quality necessary for an executive audience.
• Manages client relationships professionally by maintaining consistent dialog and open communications throughout the audit process. Hosts periodic audit updates to keep the client “in the loop” of potential concerns
• Facilitates on-going, open dialogue with internal project team to encourage communication so information and ideas from multiple viewpoints are shared
• Communicates project status, concerns, or issues to the Audit Manager and/or client in a timely manner.
• Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations, looks for ways to improve their experience, while creating a seamless experience by understanding how the IT Senior Auditor II role, team goals, and daily activities fit into the company vision
• Drives for results by consistently achieving goals and pushing to complete tasks by their deadlines
Collaboration with Others
• Works cross-functionally to manage and organize work processes and ensure most efficient work flow
• Supports a collaborative environment by working in a team of peers to solve problems and shares information with peers, manager, and customers as appropriate
• Organizes resources and information in an efficient manner to handle competing demands and accomplish what needs to be done
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
• 2+ years of IT audit (internal / external) experience
• Demonstrate experience managing project teams
• Master’s Degree in business related field
• CPA, CIA, or CISA
• Retail business experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Job ID: 1200952BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Internal Audit
Department: 0040 - Internal Audit
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.